Monday, July 31, 2006

Sunday Hockey @ 30th July 2006

Sunday hockey, 30th July 2006.

It was a day when everyone wanted to stay home and sleep. Thanks to the nice drizzle the night before. It felt like I was on an island. Then at 8am sharp, the phone began to ring.. wakie-wakie!… My morning alarm clock Brian calls me. Man! I wanna sleep! Okie I did go back to sleep. And on the second call about 9am I decided to get my ass outta bed and suit up for hockey. And plus I kicked Lina in the head! Sorry babes!

Steve n me we reached the court, it looked gloomy. Nice to see some new faces coming for training. Nik, Destine, Little Shaun. Training began as usual but kinda slow at pace. Most of us were there but our minds weren’t. Thanks to the weather. Haha..

Improvement? Most definitely I must say. Most of us are working our butts off to bring this sport back to life and also the mission cup. No one knows what to expect from it and we have about 10 months to figure it out.

At about 11.40am, dark clouds covered the court and it started pouring. Shit and great at the same time. I was kinda pissed bout someone that I just couldn’t get my mind off it. So great for me la. Get to go home and fix my air-cond.

After lunch Herman the teams Handyman came over to fix my exploding air conditioner. It has been one week and it’s horrible to sleep without aircond. Thanks to him I have my gentings back again. Haha. Then Herman checked out my underground carpark and said why not we play here?

Great! I made a few calls to all the teammates and scheduled a try out at 9.30pm. Most of the world came, about 10 players. This was the first time we played with a puck in a long time. The surface is great (cement), with lightings; the area where we played is cordoned off which does not permit any cars around. Safety first, man. Some guards dropped by to watch and the Security Manager was happy to see us using the place doing something healthy. He even encouraged us to come more often.

So people, this will be a new venue for us if it rains k. Trust me! It’s great. Don’t forget, mission cup we will be playing with puck k.

So keep this address to my apartment:
Mayfair Apartment,
Plaza Damas, Sri Hartamas.
Basement 2 parking.

Thanks to Lina also for introducing one of her customers who owns a large sports shop in Sunway and also manufactures Nike stuff. Hopefully we get sponsored. There fore I need your jersey numbers asap.

So see ya tomorrow nite at Taman Mega.

Craig.

No comments:

Post a Comment